Winter in Damüls ... absolute bliss
Damüls-Faschina, a paradise of snowy mountains, lies at the heart of the Austrian province of Vorarlberg, between the Bregenzerwald and the Großes Walsertal Biosphere Park, not far from Arlberg, the province of Tyrol and Montafon. Both charming Walser mountain villages have guaranteed snow in winter, from the beginning of December to the end of April, and are the ideal summer location for active relaxation in the Austrian mountains. www.damuels.travel
Winter holidays in pole position ... the hotel on the piste!
The Damüls Mellau Faschina ski resort offers you winter enjoyment with guaranteed snow on over 100 km of perfectly prepared pistes at all levels of difficulty - and the best bit is that you can get directly from our hotel onto the piste!
The municipalities offer over 100 kilometres of perfectly prepared pistes for skiers and snowboarders, guaranteed white slopes of powder snow for freeriders, and sunny cross-country ski runs and winter hiking trails right on our hotel’s doorstep! Thanks to the interconnected ski region with Mellau, the destination is the largest ski resort in the Bregenzerwald and in Großes Walsertal, and one of the largest in Vorarlberg, the westernmost province in Austria.
Let yourself be enchanted by Damüls, the snowiest village in the world, and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere! Damüls really has a lot going for it!
- 109 kilometres of pistes (Damüls Mellau Faschina ski resort)
- 26 ski lifts (Damüls Mellau Faschina ski resort)
- 7 kilometres of high-altitude cross-country ski runs
- 15.5 kilometres of winter hiking trails
- 2.5-kilometre natural toboggan run
There are also plenty of après-ski activities: For example, a perfect bar very nearby, at our partner hotel “Hotel Walliserstube”. Party through the day and – if you’re in the mood – right into the night! In the Walliserbar and Scharfes Eck bars, there’s always something going on!
Holiday tips for our winter guests:
• In our hotel bar, enjoy fine wines, cocktails, special schnapps and much more, and listen to good music in a cosy atmosphere ... and sometimes you can enjoy some lively evenings!
• Partner hotel “Hotel Walliserstube” - if you’re looking to party, this is the place!
• Skiing - what else?! The children’s ski school is right by Hohes Licht - on your marks, get set, go! For older kids, and adults young at heart, there’s Burton Snow Park - it’s pretty awesome...
• Natural toboggan run: The start of the 2.5-km toboggan run is situated at the “Uga-Express” mountain station, at a height of 1,850 m ... and then you whiz down, 50 m from Hohes Licht, in an adrenaline rush into the valley...! Every Wednesday and Friday, there’s a night tobogganing party on the illuminated natural toboggan run from 7.30 to 9.30 pm.
• Damülser Seilbahnen await you: cable cars with the latest technology, and perfectly prepared pistes ... your days in the Damüls ski resort will just fly by!
• Winter hikes, lantern hikes, cross-country skiing, ice skating, dog sledge tours, horse-drawn carriage rides, mini bob races, tobogganing and snowshoe hikes and all the other adventures you can have in the snow ... there’s lots to do!
We’d be happy to help you plan your holiday! Just let us know - we have lots of ideas for individualists and families...!
Winter sports in Damüls
... our winter specials
Rest & relaxation
Ski school for young & old